SLIDER

WELCOME




here for one reason;

To point you to your purpose and living for who and what truly counts.


-Love, Kunmi.

NEWSLETTER

Purpose "redefined"



On Popularity & Happiness

I've seen people attach the meaning of purpose to their career, talents, business and other material things in fact thats a norm these days

But what will you do or say of I told you the purpose of your life is not your career? What if I told you the purpose of your life was not to get married or to have a talent that brings you fame? Or more interestingly, what if I told you the purpose of your life is not to be happy. I heard the from Laju Iren recently and it reaffirmed the whole idea of purpose for me.

When I stopped posting on my other blog, it was because I didn't feel enough. I'd post style posts and inspirational ones every now and again; there was they hype and all of that a little recognition here and there in the blogosphere and out of and to be honest it meant a lot to me and i felt like I belonged. 

I've never really been a person that likes so much recognition and I would always like to be behind the scenes but then I started hearing Kunmio! more often than not and as much as i wanted to ignore the fact that people were starting to know my name and as I grew up in Christ, I knew that wasn't enough. If people were going to know my name, it should be because I'm putting myself out there for Christ. I knew this but for some reason I was comfortable being lukewarm. 


Now I'm sure you have a few questions already like  "kunmi are you saying  blogging is bad? or  Is being popular bad? and the answer to both questions are NO they are not bad in themselves which brings me to the reason for today's blogpost.

Defining purpose to you; a beautiful or handsome millenial reading this post. You've probably been through school or you're still trying to get through and you're awaiting the next big thing; a job, a business deal to click, recognition etc.. in all, you just want to 'MAKE IT' 

In the title of this post I put redefined in quote because I'm actually not redefining purpose, I'm defining it to you just in case you had a  prior  notion about what your purpose in life is or you've been thinking all your life that your purpose is to be happy, or to succeed. So I'll be redefining purpose for you and letting you in on your actual purpose. 

Purpose is that one thing for which you were created and at which you must succeed at if not nothing else you succeed at will count.

You can have a successful career and still not fulfill purpose.
You can be very talented and still not fulfill purpose
So your purpose is not based on these things.

These two verses below do it for me when it comes to defining purpose. 

And he died for all that they which live should not henceforth live for themselves. Instead they will live for Christ who died and was raised for them. 2 Corinthians 5:15 

For me to live is Christ and to die is gain Philippians 1:21

This is purpose. Our purpose is Christ. He defines us. He lives in us so we live for him. Nothing else we succeed at and no amount of recognition will count if we don't live for him. 

This is what made realise that posting a style blog post and putting a scripture at the end doesn't cut it or posting inspirational content occasionally doesn't cut it either. The zeal of the lord consumed me and I had been suppressing it for way too long because "comfort zone." 

This brings me back to answer the questions you might probably have.

Being popular is not a bad thing but are your popular for the right reasons? Are you making him known or putting yourself in center stage? Search your heart. 

We are not here to make ourselves known. We are not here for our own comfort. We are here for Him and when he says Go, we pick up and go. When he says wait, we sit tight and wait. 

One of my favourite quotes by Marianne Williamson although It has been taken out of context a lot , I'll like to relate it to the proper definition of purpose. 

 You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Being popular is not bad, being popular for what truly counts is not bad and you should not shrink back or be afraid of giving the next person the best news ever because they'll tell you you're being over spiritual. We are here to manifest glory and make him known in every way possible and as we become bolder in expressing the fullness of him that fills all in all, we give people that look up to us the courage to do same and the whole world becomes better for it. 

Your purpose in life is not to be popular and per adventure you become popular, you should use it for the one thing that you must succeed at.

And you should note that this doesn't mean you go about looking sad and hanging your head low, it means you start to adjust and redefine your happiness to what makes him happy

Most of the choices he would have you make as a christian might nor necessarily make you happy - so don't go about making your own happiness a god - but when you think of it in light of eternity, you feel even more complete and your joy is full. 

This post is a gentle reminder that God chose you and he will always choose you. You are his purpose and in turn he should be yours. 

No comments

Post a Comment

© living devo • Theme by Maira G.